This month, I want to share ten free books on Ancient Africa that I’ve enjoyed this year. Free, you say? Yes! With Kindle Unlimited, I’ve been able to add several free titles to my black history collection with just a click of a button. Amazon Kindle offers wireless access to an electronic store that includes millions of eBooks, audiobooks, newspapers, and magazines. You can find everything from New York Time’s bestsellers to children’s picture books. It’s the perfect digital library for any homeschooler, teacher, or a parent looking to save money or needing a resource in a pinch.
How Does It Work?
How is this amazing resource free? If you don’t already have a Kindle Unlimited membership, you can enjoy a free one-month trial option that allows you to test the waters before putting in any financial commitment. Just subscribe to Kindle Unlimited, borrow your eBooks as often as you’d like with no due date, and read them on your Amazon device or Kindle app. If you are looking to read to a group of children, don’t worry. There are four ways to connect Kindle to a big screen for ease of visibility. You may borrow up to twenty eligible Kindle Unlimited titles at a time, so be sure to add these ten book titles on Ancient Africa to your library.
Why Study Ancient African Kingdoms?
Why study ancient African kingdoms? Because I believe in teaching black history from the very beginning. It’s essential that all children learn that black history did not start with colonization and slavery, but with sophisticated and successful kingdoms that reigned for centuries. So, in honor of Black History Month, I’ve decided to share these book titles on Ancient Africa to add to your personal library. Best of all, these books require zero trips to the bookstore, you will avoid shipping delays, and you may read them immediately. So, let’s get started!
1. Ancient Africa: A Captivating Guide to Ancient African Civilizations
2. Ancient African Kingdoms: From the Kingdom of Kush to the Mali Empire, Discover the History of Classical African Civilization
3. History of Africa
4. Mansa Musa: A Captivating Guide to the Emperor of the Islamic Mali Empire in West Africa and How He Developed Timbuktu into a Major Center for Trade
5. If You Were Me and Lived in… the Ancient Mali Empire: An Introduction to Civilizations Throughout Time
6. Ancient Nubia: A Captivating Guide to One of the Earliest Civilizations in Africa and African Kingdoms, Such as the Kingdoms of Kerma and Kush
7. The Kingdoms of Kush and Aksum – Ancient History for Kids | Children’s Ancient History
8. The Kingdoms of Central Africa – History of the Ancient World | Children’s History Books
9. Black Heroes: A Black History Book for Kids: 51 Inspiring People from Ancient Africa to Modern-Day U.S.A.
10. Ancient Egypt for Kids: A Captivating Guide to Egyptian History
What happens if you want to keep enjoying Kindle Unlimited after your free trial? Lucky for you, you can obtain a monthly membership for just $9.99 a month. If you read a lot of books in your homeschool or classroom, you will get your money’s worth and then some. Kindle is also a great way to pre-read titles before investing in the hardcopy. I’ve enjoyed this resource for over three months and it has saved me many trips to the library on those cold winter days. Sign up for your free trial of Kindle Unlimited here.