I’m Nike. I know you’ve probably pronounced my name as the famous athletic brand, but it’s actually a common Nigerian name pronounced more like nee-kay. The name means “a child is to be cherished.”
Here are some fast facts about me:
- I’m a Rhode Island native.
- I currently reside in Georgia.
- I’ve been married for 14 years to my high school sweetheart.
- I’m a boy mom of two.
- I’m in my seventh year of homeschooling.
- I’m an M.Ed.
- I’m a practicing Christian.
- I’m a business owner.
- I’ve been blogging for over a decade now.
- I’ve been a homeschool mentor for two years.
- I author resources.
- I love to laugh.
- I’m an unapologetic mirror-dancer.
Children are to be cherished.
Now back to my name. You see, the Nigerian culture does not take the naming of children lightly. Names often reflect the child’s personality and are rarely issued immediately after birth. A naming ceremony typically happens eight days after a child is born, and many believe the child will live out the meaning of their name. So, when my parents named me, they must have known that I would carry its purpose into my own parenting philosophy; children are to be cherished because they are gifts.
As a mom of two wonderful boys, I couldn’t think of a better way to cherish my children than offering a holistic education that provides a safe and nurturing environment to unveil their inner genius and foster every development area. For this reason, my husband and I decided to embark on this unconventional lifestyle to live out this God-given passion. Today, we are proud homeschooling parents of a new middle schooler and third grader. You can read more about our journey to homeschool here.
Why the Homeschool Genius?
Why the name Homeschool Genius? Because I want all parents to feel that way—like masterminds and experts of their unique homeschool. I know you cherish your children, and I’m here to help you in any way that I can. I want to empower you to give your family the best homeschool experience possible. Whether that help is through providing free information on my blog, practical resources from my online store, or one-on-one mentorship sessions so that you don’t have to homeschool alone.
I’ve met many parents who’ve felt overwhelmed and unsure in their homeschooling journey. I know what that’s like. That’s why I’ve committed myself to help families like yours foster a holistic homeschool journey that enables them to homeschool with power, purpose, and peace of mind.
We are in this thing together, and I’m excited to have you become a part of this growing community.
Join the Homeschool Genius Community and Recieve a FREE Gift!
Sign-up to My Newsletter:
Never miss an update on the latest tips, resources, and freebies for your homeschool.
Connect With Me:
- A Heartwarming Reunion Too Sweet Not to Share
- 10 Free Books on Ancient Africa Missing from Your Black History Collection
- Homeschool and Anxiety | Ten Ways to Power Through
- Two Surefire Ways to Introduce and Teach Black History to Children
- 20 Gifts Our Older Kids Love (That Will Arrive Before Christmas) | Ages 8-12
- Top Homeschool FAQs | College, Expenses, Curriculum, Oh My!
- Want to Homeschool? 3 Things It Takes That Noone Mentions
- Our Simple Daily Homeschool Routine
- 8 Legal Homeschool Options All New Homeschoolers Should Know
- What Kind of Homeschooler Are You? | Identifying 11 Homeschool Methods
- The Ultimate Homeschool Supply Checklist | 75+ Items You Shouldn’t Forget
- My 2021-2022 Curriculum Picks for Middle School and Third Grade
- Children and Spiritual Development (6 Ways to Foster It at Home)
- Socialization | 5 Ways to Nurture Social Intelligence at Home
- 5 Ways to Intentionally Foster Emotional Development at Home
- How to Foster Creative Development at Home (5 Tips You Never Thought of)
- How to Foster Healthy Physical Development in Children and Boost Intelligence
- 8 Sneaky Ways to Foster Cognitive Development in Children